JCDecaux as part of a consortium of investors to privatize Clear Media Limited
Enter Wall Street with Street Insider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
JCDecaux within a consortium of investors to withdraw Clear Media Limited
Paris, July 5e, 2021 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), world number one in outdoor advertising, announces that a consortium of investors of which it is part is, through the ad hoc vehicle (“Offeror”) 100% owned by the consortium , make a voluntary conditional offer to privatize Clear Media Limited (“Clear Media”), a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
The consortium includes Mr. Han Zi Jing, Managing Director of Clear Media (“Mr. Han”) at 40%, Antfin (Hong Kong) Holding Limited (“Antfin”) at 30%, JCDecaux Innovate (100% subsidiary of JCDecaux SA) at 23% and China Wealth Growth Fund III LP (“CWG Fund”) at 7%.
The initiator currently holds approximately 88% of the share capital of Clear Media.
The offer is conditional on the satisfaction or waiver of the conditions described in the offer announcement made jointly by the Offeror and Clear Media today.
Aimia Inc. (Toronto Stock Exchange: AIM), which owns approximately 11% of the issued share capital of Clear Media, has made an irrevocable commitment to tender its shares in favor of the offering. Once Aimia deposits its shares for acceptance of the offer, the offer will become unconditional as to its acceptance.
Clear Media is the largest operator of bus shelter billboards in the People’s Republic of China (“PRC”), operating a total of more than 59,000 billboards covering 24 cities as of December 31.st, 2020.
JCDecaux started operating in Hong Kong in 1999, Macao in 2001 and mainland China in 2005, and is the leading outdoor advertising company in transport (airports, metro and bus) advertising in the PRC.
Mr. Han Zi Jing is currently CEO and Executive Director of Clear Media.
Antfin is a Hong Kong incorporated limited liability company and an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Ant Group Co., Ltd.
CWG Fund is an exempt limited partnership registered under the laws of the Cayman Islands, whose general partner is JT China Wealth Management Limited and whose sole limited partner is Empyrean Management (Hong Kong) Limited, which in turn is 100% owned by JIC Capital Management (Tianjin) Limited, a public enterprise of the PRC, and is mainly engaged in private equity investments.
Goldman Sachs and Slaughter and May act as financial and legal advisers to JCDecaux, respectively.
Key figures of JCDecaux
- 2020 turnover: € 2,312m
- Present in 3,670 towns with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 840 million people in more than 80 countries
- 10,230 employees
- Leader in self-service bicycle rental: pioneer of eco-responsible mobility
- 1st Out of Home Media company to join RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indices
- JCDecaux is recognized for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good, MSCI and CDP (Climate Change) rankings
- 964,760 billboards worldwide
- World No. 1 in street furniture (489,500 advertising panels)
- N ° 1 worldwide in transport advertising with 156 airports and 249 contracts in subways, buses, trains and trams (329,790 advertising panels)
- N ° 1 in Europe for billboards (129,970 billboards)
- N ° 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615,530 advertising panels)
- N ° 1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,590 billboards)
- N ° 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66,120 billboards)
- N ° 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,500 billboards)
- N ° 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (15,350 billboards)
ComCommunications Department : Albert Asséraf
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 35 – [email protected]
Investor Relations: Remi Grisard
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – [email protected]