Brian Laundrie sighting reports flight attendant convinced she spotted Gabby Petito’s fiancé in Canada
A flight attendant believes she may have spotted Brian Laundrie at a hotel in Canada while he is still at large after the homicide death of his fiancee Gabby Petito.
In a video posted to TikTok on Wednesday, user @cwlynn said she was staying overnight in a Toronto hotel on September 20 when she went downstairs to pick up a food delivery.
As she went out to meet her courier, she says she spotted a man who looked a lot like Brian Laundrie, who has not been seen since he left his home in Florida on September 14.
The flight attendant described the man as looking “pissed off” as he left the hotel.
He then got back into his car and left with another man.
She did not confront the man but took a photo of him from a distance.
The image shows a bald man with prominent facial hair and a face mask strapped around his chin. The individual image also appears to be of similar construction to that of Laundry.
The woman said she also informed the hotel about the man’s suspicious activity and his resemblance to Laundrie.
The staff reportedly told him, âHe didn’t know where he was going and he had the wrong hotel.
In the video, @cwlynn shares the photo she allegedly took with an image of Laundrie from her Instagram page.
“I don’t know if this looks like her or if I just fell too far down the rabbit hole,” said the woman of the case, which captivated social media last week and made headlines. of the whole world.
âYou can see the hollow of his mustache,â she said, comparing the two pictures, âand the ears are tilted down [in her photo], but my ears go down when I wear a face mask. “
Read our Gabby Petito live blog for the latest news and updates …
In a later clip, the TikToker claims the man looked so much like Laundrie that he made her sick.
“It looked so much like him – it made me nauseous because I never saw it in person, like a lot of you haven’t, and that’s exactly what I imagined it would be. it would look like.
“I informed the hotel [that she thought it was Laundrie] and the hotel employees had no idea of ââthe matter, which was of concern. “
She went on to say that hotel staff took down Laundrie’s name and compared his photo and a picture of Laundrie, apparently concluding that he “looked a lot like Brian”.
The TikTok user added that she sent the image to local media and reported the encounter to the FBI via their advice email.
The woman did not provide the name of the hotel where she was staying.
THE LAUNDRY HUNT CONTINUES
It comes after an online medium claimed in a video posted to YouTube that Brian was heading to Canada.
Federal investigators are still looking for Laundrie, 23, who is so far only considered a “person of interest” in Gabby’s death.
He returned home to Florida alone in the couple’s van on September 1, about two months after the couple’s planned four-month trip across the country.
Laundrie immediately retained the services of a lawyer and refused to cooperate with the police.
Gabby’s mother said she pleaded with Laundrie for answers about her daughter’s whereabouts, but received no response. She then reported Gabby’s disappearance to police on September 11.
Three days later, on September 14, Laundrie disappeared from his parents’ house after telling them he was going for a hike in the 24,000-acre Carlton Preserve.
Laundrie’s parents told police they did not become concerned until 24 to 48 hours after their son did not return from the hike.
They claim they drove to the 25,000-acre park, spotted Laundrie’s car and drove it home after allegedly finding a windshield note left by police asking for it to be removed from the area.
Brian’s parents did not report his disappearance until September 17.
Gabby’s remains were then discovered at a Wyoming campsite on Sunday, the nature of her death having since ruled on a homicide.
No trace of Laundrie has been found by federal investigators, despite a multi-day search of the Carlton Reservation by air, land and sea.
“IT HAS NEVER BEEN IN RESERVE”
Survival expert Mark Burrow has said he doubts Laundrie was ever in Carlton’s reservation and could have been a ruse his parents concocted to save him more time.
“If he’s out there on the Carlton reservation, he’s living in hell,” Burrow told local media.
He added that while authorities have yet to find evidence that Laundrie was on the Carlton Reservation, it means he probably never was.
At this point, police should have seen either traces leading to him or signs that he was eaten by an alligator or other wildlife.
Police continued their search on Thursday. No additional information is currently available.
Gabby Petito timeline
Gabby Petito, 22, was last seen on August 24, leaving a Utah hotel. Here is a timeline of Gabby Petito’s disappearance:
- June 2021 – Gabby Petito and her fiancÃ© Brian Laundrie have embarked on a journey through the United States.
- 4th July – Gabby posts pictures of herself barefoot in Gove County, Kansas.
- July 8 – Gabby posts photos of herself in Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.
- July 18 – Gabby and Brian post photos of themselves in Zion National Park, Utah.
- 12 august – Body camera footage was released in September showing an encounter Brian and Gabby had with police in Utah. Police confirmed that no serious injuries had been reported.
- August 19 – Gabby and Brian are posting a video on their YouTube channel about their trip. The video receives over 200,000 views.
- 24 august – Gabby is seen leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- August 25 – Gabby Facetime her mother, Nichole Schmidt, for the last time. In a subsequent police report, Schmidt said her conversations with her daughter revealed “growing tension” between her and Brian.
- 25 august – Gabby also posts her latest Instagram. No location is indicated.
- August 27 – Gabby is seen for what is believed to be the last time. Witnesses claim to see Brian in an explosive argument with restaurant staff in Jackson Hole, leaving Gabby in tears.
- August 27 – Four hours later, travel bloggers driving through Grand Teton National Park pass the couple’s “abandoned” van on a dirt road.
- September 1st – Brian goes home to Florida without Gabby.
- September 11th – Gabby’s parents report her disappearance to Suffolk County Police.
- September 14 – Brian’s family release a statement saying he has retained a lawyer and will not cooperate with investigators.
- September 14 – Brian was reportedly last seen by his family. He reportedly told them he was going to hike the Cartlon Preserve but did not return.
- September 15th – North Port Florida Police say Brian is a person of interest in the case. He is not charged with any crime.
- September 16 – Utah Police are releasing body camera footage of the police encounter with Brian and Gabby.
- September 17 – Brian’s parents say they haven’t seen their son for a few days and report his missing.
- September 18 – Police say they were looking for Brian on the Carlton reservation in Florida. The police say they haven’t found anything.
- September 19 – Wyoming officials say they found a body in Grand Teton National Park. The FBI announces that the body is Gabby’s, but a full forensic identification must first be completed to confirm.
- September 20 – Police execute a search warrant at Laundrie’s home, seizing his silver Mustang and a hard drive that may contain “relevant evidence to prove a crime has been committed.”
- September 21 – Authorities say they will perform an autopsy on the remains found in Wyoming to confirm whether or not they belong to Gabby. Police have also resumed their search for the laundromat, this time on the Venice side of the Carlton reserve.
- September 21 – The FBI announced that the body found in Wyoming was Gabby’s. The cause of death has not yet been revealed.
- September 21 – The Teton County Coroner’s Office said Gabby’s official cause of death was still pending, but the original mode of death was homicide.
- September 22 – Police continue to search the Carlton reservation for a trace of Laundrie, but give no leads. A specialized diving team is called in to assist in the hunt.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US Sun team?